From beginning Dhirubhai was seen in high-regard. His success in the petro-chemical business and his story of rags to riches made him a cult figure in the minds of Indian people. As a quality of business leader he was also a motivator. He gave few public speeches but the words he spoke are still remembered for their value.
* "I am deaf to the word "no"."
* "Growth has no limit at Reliance. I keep revising my vision. Only when you dream it you can do it."
* "Think big, think fast, think ahead. Ideas are no one's monopoly"
* "Our dreams have to be bigger. Our ambitions higher. Our commitment deeper. And our efforts greater. This is my dream for Reliance and for India."
* "If you work with determination and with perfection, success will follow."
* "Pursue your goals even in the face of difficulties, and convert adversities into opportunities."
* "Give the youth a proper environment. Motivate them. Extend them the support they need. Each one of them has infinite source of energy. They will deliver."
* "Between my past, the present and the future, there is one common factor: Relationship and Trust. This is the foundation of our growth"
* "We bet on people."
* "Meeting the deadlines is not good enough, beating the deadlines is my expectation."
* "Don't give up, courage is my conviction."
* "We cannot change our Rulers, but we can change the way they Rule Us."
* "Dhirubhai will go one day. But Reliance's employees and shareholders will keep it afloat. Reliance is now a concept in which the Ambanis have become irrelevant."
And finally the ultimate...
"You do not require an invitation to make profits."